PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR DISABILITY ADVICE LINE CLOSED ON THE 31st MARCH 2017! Please see the Disability Information and Advice Service page for more details.
DIAL (LEEDS) LIMITED – Support for disabled people by disabled people.
“A helping hand from someone who understands …… “
DIAL (LEEDS) plans to offer the following services from April 2017 via dedicated grants and project funding. To start with some services will not be available to all disabled people in Leeds. There are likely to be some that can only be provided for residents of specific areas or those who are facing food and fuel poverty. We will keep you updated as and when more funding becomes available for our work with individuals.
- Peer Support
- One to one assistance (including help with forms, phone calls, letters, emails and accessing & negotiating with agencies and services)
- Help with getting ready for and attending meetings, appointments and assessments
- Income maximisation and benefits health checks
- Food poverty assistance
- Fuel poverty support and assistance
- Energy efficiency and safety advice and support
- Health and wellbeing initiatives
- Happiness Cafe (subject to fundraising)
- Information Prescriptions (Subject to fundraising)
These services are free to individuals thanks to grants from:
- Brelms Trust CIO
- Leeds Employability Fund
- Leeds Fund
- Northern Gas Networks (NGN)
- Trussell Trust